No announcement yet.

Eiki NT1 - film on take-up reel film becomes too loose about midway through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some people use it on projectors but i wouldn't put it anywhere near a projector for any reason. Every projector engineer i have ever spoken to over the years has said the same thing.
    On the NT1 i have in the past fixed a similar problem simply by ensuring the correct belts are fitted, not some cheapies off ebay, i cleaned out the pulley grooves the belt fits onto, lubes the spindle so it spins freely, and used a light grease on the cork inside the arm, now it all works fine and rewing is also perfect.

Comment

Quick update - I've tried various sizes of o-rings that did not work and eventually settled on a 135mm x 5mm o-ring that works beautifully. This is in addition to the silicon grease on the cork. So I'm happy for now.

Given that I'm based in NZ I went for another more cost effective purchase on eBay from the UK where they bundle 2 x take-up/rewind belts and 2 x internal belts for a reasonable price. Those arrived today and they are just o-rings and the take-up/rewind belts are extremely thin so I cannot see them working to be honest, so perhaps a case of penny wise pound foolish. Note to self - listen to advice from Maurice next time!

I've got a couple of 8mm projectors that I'm also replacing destroyed belts on so I've become a regular customer to the local o-ring shop!

Comment

My Eiki (an NT-1 model) has a worse problem : from time to time (once each two years or so), the projector stops but the light with the expected consequence of a burnt frame. Where could that trouble come from ?

Comment

Hello Xander!I live at Settlers Village now.'Lock-down' is about normal for here!(I jest).Glad to hear you are still playing with bootlace.I purchsed an Elmo Hi-Vision SC-30 from a chappie Van Eyck.It is sort of computerised and can start loading and projecting by itself! Sound is intermittent and is corrected by flipping switches.It cost me $600 at the beginning of this year.If you want an electronic to fiddle with it is yours for $100. Pick-up only.When allowed.
          cheers Trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor Adams it is really good to hear from you - thanks for the offer, please PM me with your email address and we can arrange to hook up for a post lock-down visit. My previous cinema (number 2 out of 3) did not have enough space for 8mm/16mm but now that I'm in number 3 (out of 3 and the last one!) I have the distance and space to rekindle the hobby so I'm back into it and the GS1200 is still going strong
            Regards

Comment

Working...
            X