Bauer P6 Automatic help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer P6 Automatic help

I recently picked up a Bauer P6 Automatic. While cleaning it up I removed the bottom plate and there is a lot going on! Attached are some photos. There is even a vacuum tube tucked into a corner. I am looking to replace some bad capacitors. One noticeably bad one is labeled- EB 100/70. I take the markings to mean 100uf and 70 volts. Are replacement capacitors available? I looked at Parts Express but did not find a match.

two more photos

Comment

Hi Marc,

A special problem you run into with electrolytics is the technology has gotten so much better in the last couple of decades that anything at existed back then is long obsolete. You have to get as close as you can.

Here is a 100uF, 100V Axial (-not a common style these days) that should hit the electrical specs.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...myDhxewA%3D%3D

-all you need to worry about is does it fit in the space.

Comment

Hi Steve,
        Thank you for the info.
        Hope all is well

Marc

Comment

Steve,
          Ordered today. Thanks again. Ill post the results.
          Hope all is well with you and your family.
          Marc

Comment

I replaced all the visibly bad caps, thanks again Steve.
            I now have another issue. The automatic threading key seems stuck in the "down" position. On my P8 the Key will pop up when one of the rear roller guides is moved slightly towards the rear of the projector or the threaded film is tugged slightly. I ran some leader thru the P6 and it worked but there was a lot of chatter . Pulling on the threaded leader near the take up real did not release the threading key. Any thoughts on fixing the threading key. I tried to pull the key up manually. There is a roller guide right after the sound drum connected to the threading key. Pulling on the threading key moves this roller towards the back end of the projector and triggers a micro switch which totally shuts down the projector.

Comment

Working...
            X