Film purchases in 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film purchases in 2019

this year has been a very good year for me film wise. i have managed to find some great titles on 16mm. many british films, which suprisingly have been purchased from USA. we all have diferent tastes( just as well) so what is a great find for me may not be of interest to others. but overall i am very pleased with what i was able to buy. anyone else had a good film buying 2019. best wishes to everyone.

On one hand I've been pleased to see a good part of my collection find new loving hands and on the other been fortunate to acquire some gorgeous poly 16mm films to refresh it. Crowning achievement this year was treating myself to a pristine feature George in Civvy Street along with its trailer and on set filming footage quite rare I would say.

God bless us everyone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gff.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1447

Comment

Film wisew my highlights of the year has been getting a couple of Tarantino prints on 16mm (Kill Bill vol.1 and a German scope print of Pulp Fiction [this one will be sent to Alberto in Italy for mag-striping and re-recording to English]), The Godfather on glorious AGFA stock and I also got a mint IB tech print of Dracula (Hammer) on what looks like polyester stock (I did not know Technicolor prints existed on poly?).

Just two days ago, I received my last print of the year, Stanley Kubrick's The Killing.

I'm hoping 2020 will be as good to me as 19 has been.

Wishing you all the best of luck in 2020.

Comment

Svein... I must admit to being jealous of every title you have mentioned here. Great scores! Congratulations!

How is your print of The Killing? I hear it is very difficult to find non-duper prints.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Samaras View Post
          Svein... I must admit to being jealous of every title you have mentioned here. Great scores! Congratulations!

How is your print of The Killing? I hear it is very difficult to find non-duper prints.
          Hi Evan,

Thanks! There is one film I missed out on a couple of months ago, and that was Kill Bill vol. 2, which I'm guessing I won't see again... It would've been nice to complete the Kill Bill double feature.

I haven't had the chance to inspect The Killing yet, as I'm traveling, but I'll let you know when I have!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Samaras View Post
            Evan, from a quick inspection, to me the print of The Killing looks like it could be an original, as the date code (the circle) of the film indicates it was struck in 1956 (same year as its release), and the contrast doesn't seem very dupey. A few splices here and there, and seems to have some scratches at the start and it will need a clean.

Comment

great film.

Comment

Great score Svein! You have had a remarkable collecting year!

Comment

Thanks Evan! I hope 2020 will be as generous for my film collection as 2019 was.

Comment

Working...
                  X