Elf nt 1 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elf nt 1 help

Hi im after some advice .my elf nt1 got very hot on the outer caseing and then i herd a pop noise followed by a nasty smell the machine still carried on running but smelling so straight away i got it outside and ventilated the whole room and got myself away from it .on inspection it looks like the motor capcitor has gone bang .can the capcitor be replaced or will it need a new motor aswell .or do i bin the machine off ??.the machine was well looked after aswell.what is likely to have caused the problem in the first place .so a solution can be found .thanks in advance.

Hi Nigel. Yes, just search for the same value capacitor online (same voltage and same capacitance measured in uF) and you should be fine. These have a life, some will last for years and years, others less so. They do not, as some think on here, offer a "boost" to start the motor. Instead, they offer a slight delay action, so that all parts of the motor are not electrified at the same time, which would result in the shaft stalling. PM me if you need further help. Motor should still be fine.

Comment

Thanks simon

Comment

This happened to me a few years ago two minutes before the end of a film. Loud pop, strong smell and a lot of smoke.
        A few collectors pointed me to an ebay seller where i manged to get a couple of these for a few quid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gooey.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	15045

Comment

Working...
        X