Legacy for the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy for the future

Although, there are two mistakes and the fact that faded prints are not vey appealing for a demonstration videos like this will be valuable for the next generations when they will come across an Eiki 16mm projector. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u00sgyovt0Q A good way to preserve our knowleges.

Credit to the video maker and it also displays the projector shown, although this might discourage a young person who would think an auto-thread or slot load demonstration makes film a lot easier to use. I like to view a lot of shorts/trailers/etc, so I don't think I would ever have become a keen collector if careful manual threading was needed every time.

Comment

This is actually quite cool. I'm new so learned a bit of stuff. Didn't understand the problem with vinegar smells before now.

Comment

1) "This could have been an 8mm film", so says the gentleman. What a strange comment, particularly as he does not say it is a 16mm silent film.
        2) Why didn't he show the marked line on the anamorphic lens? I wouldn't want to be at one of his shows whilst he twists the lens to straighten the picture.

Maurice

Comment

Definitely an informative film for a newbie. Thanks Dominique!

Comment

Working...
          X