Vladimpailer68 - eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vladimpailer68 - eBay

For many years I have bought 16mm and 9.5mm films on eBay from vladimpailer68 (Marco Savaglio), usually at quite reasonable 'Buy It Now' prices. However, recently the seller has put a price of £5000 on almost all of his sale items so my purchases have halted. But, now, a few titles have appeared at their usual old prices so I have just bought a 16mm sound film at a very reasonable price for a 900ft film in good colour.

In a message I sent to Vlad I mentioned about his £5000 prices and here is part of his reply:-

"Sorry for the prices, the £5000 marked are currently not for sale, a lot of scammers around at the moment so limiting what I have for sale, but I have the odd low priced turn up now and again."

I must admit that I don't really know what is meant with the reference to scammers. Can any member put a light on this subject?

Maurice

Yeah, sounds a bit weird. I would have thought that scammers would usually be sellers that don’t deliver after payment, unless he means they purchase and then dispute the purchase to get a refund via eBay (?). Seems he controls what is being sold by inflating the prices of items he doesn’t want to sell... perhaps to still keep a large inventory on EBay, otherwise he could just delist them too. Dunno, just speculating really...

Comment

I also have purchased from Marco and he is very pleasant and respectful to deal with, but I really don't get his listings for £5000. If he doesn't want to sell them - why list them?

Comment

Originally posted by Xander van der Merwe View Post
        ...unless he means they purchase and then dispute the purchase to get a refund via eBay...

Xander's comment certainly sounds a possibility.

Maurice

Comment

I don't think so. If you read his listings he covers just about every eventuality against scammers and includes every film damage/fault you could possibly expect of a Cine film. What reason could a scammer possibly use for a return or reduction in price after reading his very guarded wording.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9-5mm-Fil...wAAOSwMD5a9X-M

Comment

I dont get this at all .i thought he was on holiday and put the prices up so no one would buy to avoid a backlog as often says seller away on his listings aswell.

Comment

The seller is often away, but his partner at Watford will then deal with the sale and despatch of items.

Maurice

Comment

I just think he is mad... and I would never buy from him.

Comment

Working...
                X