HID conversion on Elf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID conversion on Elf

Have any members done a successful conversion ? I have the early green model with the separate motor and lamp switches. It runs so quietly and with a very steady picture, would be ideal for conversion. Would appreciate members comments ideas etc.
    thanks John

It has been done John but the leading question is does it really need it for home use? The picture from the 2 blade quick claw pull down Eiki is certainly enough for my screen have to say usually 6 to 8ft with a Bolex lens fitted.

Comment

I completed a conversion to an Elf NT1 a few years ago. There is a compartment at the rear which was originally designed to hold the mains lead...this I used to hold the ballast needed to strike the lamp. Then I covered the opening of this compartment with a removable plastic plate both for safety and for cosmetic looks. The HID 150 lamp runs much, much cooler than the original A1/259 lamp, so no extra cooling is needed. Around 2016/17 I demonstrated this at the Friday night film show at Blackpool. For a longer throw, such as this, the extra light was most welcome.

Comment

Thanks for that Simon, I will give it a go. The reason why I was thinking about this conversion Lee ,was to put a bright image on the screen for outdoor large screen shows. I will let you know how it goes.
        cheers John

Comment

Working...
        X