Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shutter assembly on Siemens 2000 Projector

Hello all

One of my 16mm projectors is a Siemens 2000, dating from the mid-1960s, which I inherited some time ago and which I'm now bringing back to life after many years of disuse. Of course, not being used hasn't helped the health of this fine machine, but it's in clean cosmetic condition (see photo) and repairs are continuing apace.

The thing that's really stumping me is the shutter. It is a switchable 2 and 3 blade assembly comprising a number of vanes which slot together "just so". Unfortunately, every time I reassemble the shutter according to the instructions in the service manual (and I've done this several times), the shutter slips out of alignment again after a few minutes rotation. The shutter is also terrifically noisy when running, and would seem to be scraping somewhere, although I can't see whereabouts this is happening. But it is obviously not right.

Is anyone else on the board familiar with assembling the shutter on these machines? Is Josef Grassman listening?

Perhaps there is a "trick" I'm missing (he says hopefully).

cheers
    Phil

I figured this out in the end. If anyone needs this info in the future then I could write it up. But you do need the service manual also.

Comment

Working...
    X