Question to eBay Sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to eBay Sellers

I bought a 16mm copy of the Columbia release of the 1953 "Cruisin' Down The River" on American eBay. It tells the story of a night club crooner (Dick Haymes) who inherits a broken down Georgia show boat and decides to turn it into a nightclub.

In due course the parcel arrived. However, the film inside was the 1951 MGM "Show Boat". It was an good print other than being very much on the pink side.

If you are an eBay seller would you have:-

1) Sent no communication prior to sending the wrong film
    2) Not enclosed any letter of explanation with the film as received

Maurice
    Last edited by Maurice Leakey; September 20, 2020, 08:19 AM.

Maurice - I wouldn't start jumping up and down about it just yet even though you appear to have gained from this deal. My guess is that the seller has sold several films all at once, most of the buyers paid on the nail and so he has simply mailed you the wrong one and someone else is about to discover the delights of Dick Haymes.
    The complication arrives when the error has been discovered. Even more complicated is that your requested film will probably be somewhere in the USA with a disgruntled collector there...... and his is now in the UK, with quite a satisfied collector here! Not sure how the seller will tackle this, but I would certainly expect a follow up message from him in due course. If not......sit back and enjoy the delights of Howard Keel, Eva Gardner et al !

My guess is that ultimately you would keep this film as I doubt he would expect you to mail it back to the States, and he would have to come to some financial agreement with the other buyer.

Moral of this story..... Pack and address just ONE item at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X