This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki NT help

Has anyone attempted to remove the flywheel of an Eiki NT projector? If so can you explain the method please and is there anything to be careful of. I should clarify that I easily removed the screw in the centre of the flywheel, but unable to get the flywheel off the shaft. Could not move it even a fraction. I noticed that there is a screw on the shaft underneath the flywheel and I was wondering whether by unscrewing that, it would release the flywheel assembly.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Terry Sills; October 03, 2020, 11:26 AM.

Quite surprised that no one responded, as I know there are many technical geniuses on here, but anyway problem solved. The reason I needed to remove the flywheel was to lubriate the bearings. My experience is that 'sticky' flywheel bearings are the single most likely cause of the losing of the bottom loop, which obviously can cause film sprocket damage. Reason being that it results in excessive drag on film through the gate.

Comment

Typical scenario of old/unused machinery sitting idle for decades - seized moving parts form gummed up lubricants. Adding some corrosion to the mix making disassembly even more challenging. I even have to replace the gummed up ball bearings in my NT-1's drive motor, so replacing sound drum's bearings wouldn't be too surprising IMHO.

BTW I (and probably most of other members here) literally have tons of other things to do in the life hence I don't stay on the forum 24/7, so just be patient.

Comment

I have been looking at the maintenance instructions regarding this part of the NT model. Here is an extract:-

The sound drum shaft is seated in two precision ball bearings which are sealed and factory lubricated. Lubrication is achieved by removing the screw on the flywheel and inserting petroleum oil into the flywheel hole.

The torque to the flywheel is determined by the tension of the plate spring. To adjust this torque remove the plate spring and bend to obtain the correct tension.

The plate spring is the spring on the end of the flywheel and secured by the screw.

Maurice

Comment

Well Nantawat I don't take kindly to being moralised in that way. I waited two days during which time I got an answer from an alternative forum. I merely stated that I was surprised that there was no response from this forum. I didn't ask anyone to 'hurry up' so your comment of 'just be patient ' was unnecessary and somewhat offensive. Perhaps it was unintentional- I hope so.

Comment

If you consider that OFFENSIVE - well I'd shut up myself then.

Comment

Sorry if I touched a raw nerve, but from that reply, it seems to me that you have what is commonly termed as an 'unfortunate attitude' so I won't get into further conversation with you but Stay safe.

Comment

Terry, chill please.

Comment

I'm going to step in while this remains a small dust up. Even though I've been posting here for 18 years, I still want replies to come in as quick as possible...especially if I've got a projector that's has medical issues. At the same time, I know that without inflections any sentence can be misunderstood and these things can escalate quickly.
                  So, since the tech issue here is solved I'll be closing this thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X