'Back to the Future' print sold for £1,569 on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Back to the Future' print sold for £1,569 on ebay

We all know that films can reach high prices when there are two keen bidders, but it's striking to see how many people were willing to bid high in this instance, no doubt influenced by the quality of the print. Of the 20 bidders, 10 were willing to bid at least £700 and five were willing to bid at least £1,150. Commiserations to any unsuccessful Forum members. It must have been exasperating for bidders beaten by the 'poacher's' bid four seconds before the end! There were 52 bids in total.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BACK-TO-TH...rdt=true&rt=nc

And the sale was probably influenced by the new 4k UHD blu ray collectors set due out in a week or two for the anniversary.
    Even 4 minute S8 short subjects are tipping £100 at times. Daft as a bat some are. Bid they will..

Comment

Absolutely amazing!
      Wow...

Comment

I paid only a few hundred dollars for my 35mm print! The explosion of cheap 35mm equipment onto the home market in the last 8 years has really lifted 35mm print prices however.

Comment

Wow!

I remember many years ago when I worked for Gary Watson of CEC he had a Super 8 Optical print with very large (RED) Japanese sub-titles and he got £375 then (about 1992), I suppose with inflation this must be about £500 or so these days, but nearly £1600 for one print, it shows what some people will pay, does'nt it!

Comment

I have an Optical Print of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" with white subtitles in Japanese. Unfortunately like almost all optical titles they have faded.

Comment

Working...
            X