Russian 16 mm film projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian 16 mm film projector

Hello! I have this Russian projector in my collection, i have to try him out in the following days. Does anyone have experience with it, or can someone tell more about it? Thanks!

Good Morning Nick,

Depending on where you live, you may need to think about your house current. The Russian standard is 220VAC, 50Hz.

Being that it was built in the USSR, it's probably not adaptable to many other parts of the world.

That much being said: it's an interesting looking beast!

Comment

Beast is right. I bet it weighs a ton! It would seem that it may have been targeted for English speaking countries because the main control switch is marked so. I would guess that it has a valve amp?

Comment

Yes, one of the pictures has a pretty impressive looking tube standing in it. Hopefully the Soviets were kind and used something that has at least a Western equivalent. Where I work, we have a lot of Russian-built electronics and every time something fails, getting replacement parts is an adventure.

-but if the tube is good, the odds the thing will work are pretty respectable. These old circuits were designed to work forever. They are neither particularly safe or energy efficient, but they were basically too simple to fail.

The English language labeling is interesting, isn't it!

Comment

Well spotted Steve. I thought that was main lamp, but there is a label on it which wouldn't make sense. But the contacts look like what you expect on a projection lamp?

Comment

Jurgen Lossau's book Movie Projectors describes this as a Ukraina. Early models used a 30V/400W tubular lamp, later models had the 24V/250W halogen compact lamp. Also, later models had a transistorised amplifier.

It was a popular export model. They went to India, also to France where they were marketed under the names "Micron Kinox 16" and "Microlec Ukraina-5".

The whole assembly reminds me somewhat like a Heurtier as it seems to sit on its amplifier.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
            X