Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eiki ST OH projector - impressions or experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki ST OH projector - impressions or experiences?

I rather impulsively just bought an EIKI 16mm projector model ST - OH at auction. Before they shipped it, the seller informed me that the case is cracked and that crack hadn’t been shown in the photos- the material looks like fiberglass.

I’ve haven’t been able to find any information online about this model, and wonder if this is a risk I should take as I could still cancel the sale because of the crack in the case/housing. It appears to be older than the EIKI projectors I see mentioned online, it’s got a sort of hammered metal blue finish.

I’ve only owned A couple of Bell & Howell 16 mm projectors, and just don’t know much about the EIKI machines. Has anyone had experience with this model ST OH? If so, is there anything I should be worried about, in other words do the EIKI machines have weaknesses like the plastic worm gears in Bell & Howell machines?

I will post a picture I the machine later today.

Thank you, Brian

Comment

The prior post includes screenshots from the auction listing.

Comment

Brian
        I am not sure about this purchase. For a start, there is an added non professional switch which perhaps the owner can explain. The blue models were the earlier models so this one is quite old, also the model shown is manual threading.
        I suggest that if you want an Eiki you wait until a better one comes along. Like the brown NT series.

Maurice

Comment

I concur with Maurice. Cancel the purchase and look for a later model that has not been 'modified' and damaged. There are plenty out there.

Comment

But if it's still fully functional, and the price is something 50-100$ shipping included. That would be a good backup projector imho.

The asking price in my local market would rarely goes below 300$, so I consider myself lucky getting one beaten-to-hell NT series for just over 100$ - complete with one broken motor switch (which I already fixed). The near-mint/fully functional ones would easily goes 2-3 times as much.

Comment

Working...
            X