Bell & howell zoom lens question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & howell zoom lens question

I have a bell & howell zoom lens for my TQ3 1695,it is the silver 1.3 32-65mm version made in switzerland with black zoom ring at the front.Is the zoom ring supposed to spin freely without altering the zoom, it only alters it if you press down and turn it at the same time.Is there something wrong with it or are they supposed to do that so as to not accidentally adjust the zoom setting.There does not seem to be a way to remove the front zoom ring to check.

Jason
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "spin freely".
    The front zoom ring is purposely slightly stiff to avoid it moving from vibration of the projector. In fact, you may need to hold the rear section in one hand whilst you use the other hand for zooming.
    There is no need to press down.

Maurice

Comment

Hi maurice, thanks for the reply.By turning freely i mean it does not alter the zoom setting when just turning it.It only alters it when you press down on it slightly and turn it at the same time, its still relatively stiff to turn though.It doesn't matter to me as i only use it on the max 32mm setting but i was just curious.

Comment

Jason
        The lens is obviously faulty.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
        X