Bauer p6 AUTOMATIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer p6 AUTOMATIC

Hi folks, I am new to the Forum, so I hope that my question is a sensible, applicable one. My Bauer P6 Automatic runs slow on 24fps on start up, then sometimes kicks in, otherwise the sound is very slow to begin with? Also sometimes needs to be put in reverse in order to kick in the motor on start up. Any ideas please would be gratefully received. thanks

Patrick
    Possibly a problem with the starting capacitor.

Maurice

Comment

As Maurice pointed out, it could be the capacitor. However in my experience ( I use a couple of P7's) it either works or fails. But as these are aging machines, it is a good idea to swap the capacitor out for a new one. Pay attention to the rating as it needs to be exactly 14mF. Otherwise there is a slight speed drift that will affect sound playback.
      Most likely the belt is slipping and this is either caused by a worn belt and/or insufficient pressure from the belt tensioner. And last but not least: pay attention to the lubrication of the camshaft. One of my P7's, when I got it, refused to come up to speed because of the lack of lubrication.
      You can find a great service manual on this site (http://www.olafs-16mm-kino.de) that will guide you through all of the above.
      Fitting belts and capacitor can be found here: (https://winkel.van-eck.net)
      Good luck!

Comment

Got the projector working well, but have got a new cap that I may put in at some time. Its a 14uF 450 vac 50/60 hz CBB60, START RUN CAP. Will this be compatible do you think? Appreciate the advice, thanks

Comment

One more thing, try inching the projector by hand if possible. It should be fairly smooth with little resistance & no binding. If any presented there might be some mechanical issue hidden inside.

Comment

Thanks for that Nantawat, reference my previous query on the suitability of the capacitor? Anyone advise me whether compatible or not please?

Comment

Hi Maurice,
              Any thoughts on my previous post reference the capacitor please?

Comment

Patrick

Some years ago I bought a Rank Aldis projector which was made for Rank by Bauer. In fact it's a P7. Within days of buying it the motor would not run. A service engineer reported that its starting capacitor had failed. So it was replaced and I have now used the projector for many years.

I was given the old one and I am looking at it at the moment.

It's a cylinder 78mm long and with a diameter of 45mm. On one end it has two spade terminals and the other end has a screw thread and it nut was also included.

The marking is BOSCH MP made in germany number 0670 311 392 14 mfd +-10% 220 V. As the UK is 240 V (but often 230V) a 220V capacitor was likely to fail, although it was rated as a 10% tolerance either way.

You will need a similar physical size 14 mfd capacitor to the one which is already fitted. I suggest a voltage rating which is in excess of your nominal mains supply voltage.

Maurice

Comment

Thanks Maurice

Comment

Working...
                  X