I bought this camera Krasnogorsk-3
    The red sign is diverging from the numbers
    I sent two pictures, which is the correct one
    To have 24 images per second

Krasnogorsk-3 Where fps 24

https://g.top4top.io/p_1800raytz0.jpg

https://h.top4top.io/p_18007df2c1.jpg

Hi,

I would assume the first photo is correct.
    The red dots on the number dials seem to be positioned for a reason. Maybe.

Comment

But see number 32 is far apart from the red dot

Comment

See instructions
        http://www.k3camera.com/k3/k3pdfs/20...k-3-manual.pdf

Maurice

Comment

The instructions remind something many people forget or ignore : a camera should not be run at a higher speed than 24fps without film inside as this may damage the mecanism. I've seen several times sellers demonstrating a camera by running it at high speed, which is definitely the thing to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
            But my problem is where is the number 24 picture per second, first image or second image

Comment

Following the instructions, it's possible to get a speed lower than 8 and higher than 48. I tend to think, like Can, that the first photo is correct (for the same reason : red dots usually shows you where to set the button to get the desired speed on cameras).

Comment

Khisro

Unfortunately I cannot download your two photographs, but I have found the following picture of the fps selector knob.

https://whystoptime.files.wordpress....right-side.jpg

The red dot in the speed space (24 FPS) should be aligned with the red dot on the body.

It might be a good idea to actually check that the speed is correct. Use a short length of scrap film. Mark a single frame and place it in the gate. Run for one minute at 24fps and stop. Mark the frame in the gate. Remove film. The distance between the two marks should be 36 feet.

Also for information, note that there are 40 frame of 16mm per foot of film.

Maurice

Comment

Khisro

Unfortunately I cannot download your two photographs, but I have found the following picture of the fps selector knob.

https://whystoptime.files.wordpress....right-side.jpg

The red dot in the speed space (24 FPS) should be aligned with the red dot on the body.

It might be a good idea to actually check that the speed is correct. Use a short length of scrap film. Mark a single frame and place it in the gate. Run for one minute at 24fps and stop. Mark the frame in the gate. Remove film. The distance between the two marks should be 36 feet.

Also for information, note that there are 40 frame of 16mm per foot of film.

Maurice
                  for one minute at 24fps
                  This is impossible because the camera only turns 30 seconds and stops

Comment

for one minute at 24fps
                    This is impossible because the camera only turns 30 seconds and stops

Comment

Khisro
                      You can modify my suggestion to fit to the length of run of your motor on one winding.

Maurice

Comment

Khisro
                        You can modify my suggestion to fit to the length of run of your motor on one winding.

Maurice
                        Thank you very much, I have been working on the quarter and the first image that appeared to me is the right red dot above the red dot
                        Last edited by Khisro Adel; December 10, 2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Khisro

Maurice

I have a question about a second problem, of course you have a solution

I still follow the old ways of recording sound on film
                          I make the film and after the film is developed I send the film to Germany and stick magnetic audio tape on it
                          Then I record the magnetic sound on the film in an Elmo 16-FR projector
                          Is there a newer way to record audio on film?
                          i would like to watch the film on a projector, i don't want to scan
                          The optical audio recording method is very expensive which is why I use magnetic

In my country, Iraq, it is very easy to get the voice heard through academy or film clubs, but here in the Netherlands it is very difficult and very expensive

Comment

Magnetic recording on 16mm film is the easiest way of adding sound.
                            If you make a mistake, you can do it again.

Maurice

Comment

Magnetic recording on 16mm film is the easiest way of adding sound.
                              If you make a mistake, you can do it again.

Maurice
                              I mean, is my method of recording sound correct or are there other, better methods?

Comment

Working...
                              X