Hokushin SC-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hokushin SC-10

Just been talking to a friend about my 16mm projectors and mentioned the unusual auto threading of my Hokushin SC-10 projector. It is very difficult to explain so for him, and other interested members here is a video of how it achieves its threading.

I have 50 16mm projectors but had never come across such a system. The video shows a mauve model but mine is a later blue model which has two tone controls, bass and treble.

Watch, and be amazed.

03. uitleg HOKUSHIN.m4v - YouTube

Maurice

Thanks for that link, Maurice.

Comment

I used to have one of these (bought from the late John Ferrari) and it is quite fascinating to watch the threading system in action. Quite ingenious but also a very simple and obvious means of auto threading and kinder to film than other means of auto thread. No chance of film getting jammed and 'bunched up' in the system. I also had the other model Maurice mentions and my experience of both models is very positive. Great machines.

Comment

i have 4 Hokushin projectors. 2 blue. 1 mauve and the blue slot load SC210. one of the quietest running 16mm projectors. i rate them highly.

Comment

Yes. I also have the slot loader, SC-210, but it's badged as a Demolux 16 ELM. It's obviously designed for sale in Germany as the controls are marked in German. It's also optical and magnetic.
          There is one improvement over the SC-10 in that the lamp setting has two positions.

HOKUSHIN 16mm projectors – 日本からの映写機 Motion Picture Projectors from Japan (wordpress.com)

Maurice

Comment

Does this make use specific lenses ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hokushin.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	22906

Comment

Dominique. the model sc210 takes the ELF/EIKI size lens 42.5mm the sc10 has a slightly larger lens holder. but this is easy to adapt to make a 42.5mm lens fit. on the sc10 there is also a small pin inside the lens holder. this needs to be removed but again it's an easy task. either tap it out or file it down as i have done on mine. i have many lenses that i use in these machines, inc 35-65 zooms and 25mm 1 inch lenses all 42.5mm barrel size.

Comment

Thanks, Paul. Eiki lenses are easily available, so that's another good point for this projector.

Comment

Just been using my SC-10 and checked its lens.
                  It says:- Hokushin Made in Japan 1:1.2 / 50
                  It's a fast lens and suits me for my usual viewing conditions.

Maurice

Comment

1.2 is perfect but 50 means you need the possibility of setting your projector far away enough from the screen to get a large picture. Sadly, that's not possible in small flats.

Comment

Working...
                    X