Bell & Howell Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell Lamp

Good afternoon fellow Forum members, could I seek some advise regarding a projector lamp. I have recently acquired a Bell & Howell 1680 16mm projector, it is in nice condition and seems to work well. In the lamp house it states to replace with a EMM 24v 250w lamp, but this isn't the ordinary 24v 250 w lamp that are in my other 16mm machines. I Googled it and only found one that looks anything like the one in the projector and at over £30 I might as well throw the projector in the skip.
    Does any member know of a cheaper lamp or can it be converted to an ELC lamp.
    I look forward to the response from you wonderful people, stay safe and have a wonderful Christmas and prosperous new year.

Clive

Greetings Clive
    If Can you send a picture of said lamp? to my email address patchetts@comcast.net it would help
    This projector must be a Jan 1680 A,B,C. which uses the EMM/EKS lamp the lamp in question might be a conversion by the other owner
    The ELC Lamp is all the same except Over all Leigh inch 1in by3/4 & MR16 2 pin
    The EMM/EKS is 1.70 & MR14 2 pin vented
    Happy Holidays to you
    Hope this helps

Comment

Clive
      Most of the green TQIII projectors use the A1/258 (EMM) lamp.
      Here's one for £15.99 and post free. I suggest you buy quite a few as this lamp in now obsolete, and as you found, they are usually expensive as they are fairly rare. They cannot be converted to an ELC.
      BELL & HOWELL 16mm PROJECTOR A1/258 EMM EKS PROJECTION LAMP 24V 250W NEW | eBay

Maurice

Comment

Thank you Maurice that is a big help.

Regards, Clive

Comment

Greetings Clive
          This looks like a standard EMS/ EKS lamp
          per Maurice Leakey that's not a bad price at £15.99 plus free shipping
          I do stock these I have 50 in stock but i live in the USA so shipping can be expensive
          Hope you do well
          Take care
          RC Patchett

Comment

Clive,
            Heyper is advertising them at £10.99

https://www.heyperryq.com/yindex.php...ducts_id=87982

Comment

Who are Heyper?
              They seem very coy with any details about themselves.
              Are they a UK company?
              If not, there could be customs and other taxes involved.

Maurice

Comment

Hi Dave, Thanks for the message, I have got fixed up with a lamp at a decent price thanks.

Clive

Comment

Working...
                X