Ampro New Educational Projector Info Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampro New Educational Projector Info Wanted

I am currently servicing an Ampro New Educational 16 mm Sound Projector, It is a beautiful piece of kit, in excellent condition. It has a built in valve amplifier and the whole projector is working sweet. I have the user manual with all the tech specs but cannot find any history on the model. (Date, company history, details etc). Could anybody point me in the right direction for this information.
    Thanks,

Nick

Nick

The Ampro range of American made projectors were imported in 1935 by the Sheffield Photo Company.

Around 1948 the British company of Kelvin, Bottomley & Baird manufactured the Amprosound Premier 20 which was closely based on the model made by the Ampro Corporation of Chicago.

In 1954 the design was changed to the Stylist, and the Stylish Major. Both still ran on 110 volts and needed a separate transformer for UK mains.

Later came a single case model running directly on UK mains and was relatively light weight, and perhaps, as its name implies, designed for class room use. It was called The New Educational model. I have one of these and it's a great little machine.

You can click below for details of the Ampro Corporation

.Ampro Corporation, est. 1914 - Made-in-Chicago Museum

Maurice
    Last edited by Maurice Leakey; December 30, 2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you Maurice, its the New Educational one I have here, any idea of a date, It actually looks nearly mint condition?

Comment

Not sure, but I would suggest late 50s and into the 60s.
        Probably overtaken in the late 60s/early 70s with transistorised amp projectors from Japan such as the Elmo and the Elf/Eiki, even the popular Bell & Howell projectors were then made in Japan and had transistorised amps.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
        X