Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolex Inline Volume Control - what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolex Inline Volume Control - what is this?

I'm guessing this is an unusual 16mm accessory, but I'm intrigued as I've never anything quite like it before. This Bolex Inline Volume Control is on eBay, but I can't work out from the images precisely what it does, especially as it indicates two speakers of two specific different sizes. Can anyone explain what it's supposed to do?
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Paillard Bolex Inline Volume Control NOS Rare Oem at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Adrian
    Have a look at the attached. Scroll down to the loudspeaker details. It may refer to the item on eBay.
    It mentions a 12inch 15watt speaker being available for use in large halls. The control box also seems to be used with the supplied smaller speaker. The box controls the balance between the two speakers.
    Bolex Collector | Projectors | S-311

Maurice

Comment

Thanks, Maurice. It's interesting that the optional 12 inch speaker is the same wattage as the 8 inch one. I suppose there might even be situations in which the smaller one might be used as a monitor speaker. I wonder if the inside of the control box has anything other than the balance control, as my electronics knowledge is very limited, but I know there are implications regarding ohms.

Comment

Adrian
        I have a Bolex S321 and the instruction book says the small built-in 8" speaker is 6 watts and 6 ohms. It is the amplifier which has an output of 15 watts. When only the built-in speaker is used it can handle a maximum output of 2.5 watts. The item on eBay is described as an Audio Power Distributor
        I suggest that the Bolex Collector site is incorrect

Maurice

Comment

I have just looked at this on ebay, is it not just to distribute the bass and treble across the range of two different sized speakers.........

Comment

Paul
            No, it's to vary the balance of volume output of the projector to two speakers, a small one, which is carried in the projectors' side cover, and a separate 12" speaker available as an option.

Maurice

Comment

Working...
            X