No announcement yet.

eBay oddities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, that Elmo 16-FR seems a relatively fair offer compared to this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-12-11_112453.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	22760

Saw this offer in my local classified marketplace with 29,000฿ asking price, which translates to pretty close to 1,000$ by today's exchange rate. No wonder why this item stayed there for almost a year and still no sign of any interest.

On deeper look into this seller's listings I found about 300 items to offer. Virtually every single item is listed with at least 2x (mostly 5x) of usual price. No wonder why most items had been there for no less than a few years.

Comment

The Elmo 16F is quite a nice projector but unfortunately its ELC lamp only has the one setting, i.e., not Low/High. And its speaker ii in the side cover as there is no internal speaker.
      Probably worth about GBP £150. (US $200).

Maurice

Comment

I happened to have the early model of this 16F in my attic. It's literally built like a tank - too heavy to lift one-handed.
        One of a very few 16mm portables with circulated oil lubrication system, much like 35mm counterparts. With proper maintenance this will easily outlive me (maybe even my grandchild) no problem.

Bought mine for a tad over 100$. With some cleaning & LOTS of work it's now back to life. The hardest part would be to find the projection lamp (220v 1000w) to replace the original ones. May consider some modifications to take more common lamps in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X