Eiki NT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eiki NT.

Hi everyone.I haven't been on here for a while and i hope everyone is safe and well. I have a big collection of 16mm movie projectors and the other night decided to use my Eiki NT projector to show my scope print of Where Eagles Dare.It ran fine great picture and sound, but when i started to rewind the first reel it started ok then slowed down eventually stopping. The forward reel is rewinding but the rear reel is going the other way.I cannot figure it out.I have always managed to fix problems but this has got me stumped.

Thomas
    The Eiki service manual under the heading "Poor Rewind" says:- "Take-up spindle cork too dry, or tight."
    This may be why your rear spool is trying to go its usual way.

Maurice

Comment

Hi Maurice.Yes i have just read the service manual.Will lubricate it tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Lubricated it but it has made no difference.

Comment

Hi Thomas, I also have a 16mm Eiki and service manual. What I did when I experienced the slow rewind was to
          1. remove the bit which contains the ring of cork
          2. Soak a tissue in water,and squeeze out most of the water
          3. Place the tissue in the middle of the friction clutch assembly
          4. Leave the cork soaking up the water for a couple of hours
          5. Refit to the machine and test the rewind function.
          This certainly worked for me - if you have lubricated it with an oil then this will have to be removed with an appropriate solvent ( or just buy a cork tile and with some deft cutting build yourself another slip clutch ) I'm not sure on the grade of cork required though.

HTH

Comment

Please dis-regard my previous post in this topic - whilst this method worked for me, I have discovered that the proper method is to lubricate the cork a little with petroleum jelly.

Having just discovered the "warehouse" of Manuals I decided to download pdf copies of my service manuals to save going through umpteen boxes of stuff just to find a manual. The method which I first described I used because of incorrect reasoning, and also the fact that I didn't have any lubricants to hand - with a film show coming up in a couple of hours.

Terribly sorry for disseminating procedurally incorrect information.

Comment

Working...
            X