Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer P6 motor stopped working

Dear all,
    I have recently gotten a Bauer P6 projector after spending some 10 years with my old Noris 8mm sound projector.
    It was stored in cellar for years but it seemed in such good condition and was quite cheap.
    The projector was functioning flawlessly for like the first 2 days. Then, as expexted, the main belt had snapped. It was crusty as hell as i took it out.
    I immediately ordered a new one from Germany. Put it back on its place and everything seemed to be OK.
    After 20 minutes of playback, the motor suddenly slowed down and stopped after a second, but the lamp and the optical sound unit were still on. I tried everything but there was no sound coming from the motor.
    I have then changed the fuse on the bottom side of the transformer.
    Now, everytime i try to run the motor, i hear a loud 50Hz hum coming from it. ​​​​​​If i constantly push forward/rewind, it seems to rotate just a little bit, but it is too weak.

After waiting for that belt for weeks, it is honestly very upsetting to have a bigger problem.
    Could it be due to the capacitor/condenser? There is a huge capacitor sitting on top of the motor, directly connected to it. I hope there is nothing wrong with the motor itself. Thanks in advance!!!

Many greetings from Switzerland!
    ​​​​​​
    ​​

Can
    That would be my first attempt. Motor capacitors are often the cause of a motor fault and it should be easy and cheap to replace. My philosophy is to always try the obvious first.

Comment

Many years ago I bought a Rank Aldis which is a badged Bauer P6. Within a few hours of purchase the motor just died. The fault was traced to the large round starting capacitor which was replaced by an engineer.
      It's still going well after quite a few years.

Comment

Working...
      X