16 mm in the classroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 mm in the classroom

Hello there! Today, i took my Graflex 16 mm and some educational films to my mathematics class for the students of the 5th grade (secundary), to show them the technology of 16 mm projection. It was a very special experience for them (and me) to have had this in today's modern classroom! As the film was even about mathematics, this was a nice contribution to my today's lesson! Long live small gauge!

Well done !

Comment

Well done Nick, something different for the students, Mark

Comment

Awesome, Nick! Looks right at home in your classroom.

Comment

Excellent, Nick!

-I showed a movie projector to a teenage kid a few years back and he thought it was connected to NetFlix!

When I was in elementary and high school I just knew it was going to be a great class when there was a projector standing on a cart! I bet the teachers liked it too: once the film was rolling, they could actually sit down for a change and just watch with us.

In our school districts it was never anything but a Kodak Pageant. A couple of years ago when I went into 16mm a friend suggested the Pageant and now I have one of my own.

Around here, our schools were all built during the baby boom: none since the mid-1960s. Being the age these are, they were all equipped for 16mm. If you're a film collector and you go to Parent-Teacher night, you are naturally on the lookout for screens. For the most part the screens are still dangling in front of the room. They look pretty dusty and I won't guarantee if you pulled one down the screen wouldn't just fall off the roller at the end, but they are still there.

Comment

Working...
          X