Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moviestuff Sniper-16 Scanstream experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moviestuff Sniper-16 Scanstream experience?

Are there any Sniper-16 Scanstream owners here that would like to share some tips on how to configure and tune this system?

I was trying to convert my unit to an "HD" system but ran into some problems per the following thread:

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/f...nversion-to-hd

I'm about to shelf the HD-upgrade project and maybe get this thing running with the original Hitachi KP-950 color machine camera with special lens and S-Video connector through a Canopus AVDC 100.

Thanks

UPDATE: I went back to the original configuration using the Hitachi KP-950 camera along with a Canopus HDVC100 unit. Everything works well, including the CineCap Velocity software. I hear the mouse clicks (sync pulses) while running the projector, BUT when I hit the the "Start" button in Velocity to start recording, the sync pulses can no longer be heard and the resulting capture fails to process due to a "error processing audio" fault.
    Anyone with experience with these machines?

Comment

I knew this is for Super8 not 16mm, but the principle remains exactly the same. So this would worth your consideration.

Eventually I ended up using a mirrorless camera (full manual & electronic shutter mode) with a wired remote hooked up to the projector. Not so elegant setup, but it works just fine for me. The only quirk is that the capture speed topped out at around 2.7 fps as the drive motor had already reached its top speed. May try to tweak it some day.

Comment

Nantawat - thanks for the tip. Still working on this issue, but will experiment with a couple of different cameras.

Comment

Working...
        X