Singer Graflex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singer Graflex

Does anyone have an opinion of these projectors and their performance compared to say, the Bell&Howell or Eiki slotloads? The Singer Graflex never seem as popular nor do they command the same sort of prices as their competitors.

I bought a Graflex 16, model 821, for £60 on eBay nine years ago. However, it did need repairs and servicing at a cost of £85.
    Since that time it has worked flawlessly and with no problems. It's an unusual projector.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that I recommend it, but it has been a worthwhile acquisition.

GRAFLEX 16 SOUND PROJECTOR | eBay

Comment

Yes that link shows the manual thread model. I was referring more to the slot load 1115 model
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373618531...53.m1438.l2649

Comment

Having seen the link reminds me I was given one of these about a year ago.
        It's a load of plastic crap.
        If the auto load pull out piece is removed incorrectly it can damage the lousy plastic bits.
        After close inspection of the irreparable damage I took it down the local tip.
        Last edited by Maurice Leakey; June 18, 2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Wow - for you to do that Maurice, then it must be a very bad machine. Shame because it does look the part.

Comment

Once had a chance to play with the later slot load model (that silver-ish retro-modern looking ones, forgot the model no.) that my fellow collector lend to me. Found one broken cable socket inside which I had to "borrow" from nearby unused terminal. Plus I never figure out its sound damping roller - which was waaaay too slow to "absorb" any film speed bump/jump.

The projected picture was steady&bright&clear however.

If I have to choose this would be in lower rank than, say fully functional Eiki.
            (But I wouldn't mind if it was given to me, for free.)

Comment

Working...
            X