Specto 16mm motion analizer silent projector mark 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specto 16mm motion analizer silent projector mark 2

I acquired one of these beautiful machines recently from an antiques shop. Its condition is as new and can run double perf and single perf films as there is only one row of teeth on the sprockets. It has been converted to quartz lighting and gives a very bright picture on my screen. However, although it runs perfectly in reverse when set to reverse mode, it will not run in forward mode when changed over. Does anybody out there have any ideas or can they recommend an expert repairer of 16mm machines? Any comments will be appreciated, thank you.

Mark,

Can you post a picture of the machine just so I can Identify the correct model, I have a workshop of different models of of Specto machines I am currently sevicing and repairing. Being about 8 miles (as the crow fiies) from you I may be able to help.

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	39639

Comment

Thank you Nick, pictures attached.

Comment

Mark,

The unit I have on the bench at the moment is the earlier 250 watt unit and the controls are slightly different to yours. (there were 3 models of these all with slight differences in lamp, controls etc.)

When you want to switch to forward motion do you turn the clutch conlrol on the top of the projector to forward as well as turning the big knob on the back of the gearbox?

Also do you have the remote control trigger that would plug into the smaller 3 pin Bulgin socket under the motor adjacent to the control knob?

I will set up correctly and photograph the unit here tomorrow and post the pictures with it set-up for forward. I dont have a specific manual for this but I have a general manual covering the various basic models operation if that helps. You can download it from Cine Projector Manuals 1 (panchromatic.co.uk) If you actually have a copy of the manual for this specific model I would love a copy.

Nick

Comment

Thank you Nick, I will try what you suggest, I cannot remember what I did a few weeks ago. The only manual I have is a 3 page one I obtained from Old Timer Cameras which is not very good but may be of some help. There are no pictures, just words. I could send you a copy if you so wish. I do not have a remote control. Thanks again for getting back to me, regards, Mark.

Comment

Mark,

All the Specto models are derivitives of a single original model of projector adapted at the factory to produce specific machines so the basics are the same, the differences come in the specials like the speed control model and the motion analiser and the dual format machines.

The motion analiser machines were first produced when Specto got a contract to supply these machines during the war to the armed forces to study the effects of artillery shells etc. and they were originally a basic specto with an adaptations. If you set it up as basic 16mm machine first and then apply the instructions for the analiser.

Remember :

With 16mm. & 8mm. formats The spring belt to the upper spool arm must be twisted once to form a cross-over loop and engage the pulley on the upper spool spindle, while the spring belt to the lower spool spindle pulley must form a straight forward loop. Top belt is tight, low belt is slack

I will post photos later today

(and yes I would love a copy of the manual if posible - page photos would do)

Nick

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Specto MA  FS 01.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	39845 Click image for larger version

Name:	Specto MA  FS 09.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	39846 Click image for larger version

Name:	Specto MA  FS 08.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	39844 Click image for larger version

Name:	Specto MA  FS 04.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	39842 Click image for larger version

Name:	Specto MA  FS 05.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	39843
              Specto FS Plus Remote ID Plate Correct Top Belt Clutch Forward Position Clutch Rewind Position

Comment

Hello Nick, I have tried what you suggested but with the same results. Reverse projection still works but slower than the 16fps expected hence some flicker occurs. Also the shutter sometimes sticks. Will you be able to fix the Specto if I can get it to you? I have attached photos of the instructions. Hope you can read them OK. Regards, Mark.

Comment

I can certainly look at it and service it for you.

email me on Service@Panchromatic.co.uk

Nick

Comment

Thank you Nick, sounds great, will do. If you can get the Specto working for me I will be delighted!

Comment

Working...
                    X