Towed in a Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towed in a Hole

Why do you think this film fetched this price? Particularly as the seller always states 'hand checked only' and the photos are not from the actual print for sale. Seems peculiar to me when other L&H classics fetch far less.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265280315...53.m1438.l2649

Looks like it was a case of the seller getting what all auction sellers dream of - two bidders who are determined to get that item no matter what! From the £70 mark, its just the two of them fighting it out. Think they forgot the golden rule of entering the maximum you are prepared to pay and leave the auction to run its course (well, that's my golden rule anyway).

Comment

Yes Gary, that’s my rule too, but you would have to be pretty naive to bid that high on a film that has been ‘hand checked only’ together with all the disclaimers listed at the bottom of the listing that absolve the seller from just about any film fault you could think of.

Comment

It’s a good short but it is a common title. Timing on eBay can be crucial.

Comment

If anyone is interested I have a really nice Blackhawk 16mm B+W polyster copy of Towed going for £135, owes me all of that +.

Really really nice.

Looking for a Polyster super 8 copy for a fraction of that but its not going to look anything like this one.

Best Mark.

PS I am not quick on posting at the moment please note if interested. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X