Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amaro stylist, photo cell not working

Hi folks,
    I have just acquired another Ampro Stylist and the amplifier seems fine, I get volume from the speaker itself,
    the exciter lamp lights, but still no sound. I tried a working photo cell from another working Ampro , all connections seem fine (I did a manual check only) but still no sound. Any ideas please gentlemen?

Perhaps the PEC is not receiving its working voltage.
    Click to get to a schematic.
    UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Ampro Stylist projector (vintage-radio.net)

Comment

Hello Patrick
      Just a simple test which you may have already tried. Turn amplifier volume up ,them move a piece of paper up and down between the exciter beam and photo cell, you should hear a plopping sound as you move the paper. If this happens your pec is ok , if not you may then have an input wiring , component issue.Also you could try the mic input to see if the amplifier is working ok.
      Good luck, John

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, as always

Comment

Ampro Stylist Service and Parts Manual (panchromatic.co.uk)

Service manual if this helps?

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	44514

Comment

There may be another problem. Dirty optics.
            Check that the projected light slit is reaching the film at the sound drum.

Comment

Thanks Maurice

Comment

The tests suggested by John will prove whether or not the photo electric cell is working. If there is no reaction when the light beam from the exciter lamp is interrupted then there’s a circuituary problem to the pec.

Comment

Thanks Terry.

Comment

Working...
                  X