elf / EIKI Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am basing my decision on the following,

The closest, but not exact looking unit, I can Find is the NT Series. It has the least amount of visual differences.

The configuration of the speakers and sound system.

The Threading System

The workings seem to fit the infomation in the service manual.

I have just discovered a sticker stating it used to belong to a company called efl Audio Visual so I would theorise that replacement parts would have been readily available perhaps its a bit of a "Queen Anne Pudding"

I need to call it something so until we can officially prove differently and I would welcome this, Its a NST 2

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartman.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	45146

Comment

To me it looks like an RT (blue series) resprayed brown.
      ELF audio visual would not have been the owners. They were to distributors in the UK. Virtually every Elf I have seen sold in the UK has an 'ELF audio visual' label on them. The NT in the brochure is a later NT with a redesigned lamp house cover, different to yours which is the earlier design found on the blue series and the early brown NTs. I have one of those early brown NTs and a Blue RM, and mechanically they are virtually the same with a few tiny alterations, and both have 250w lamp. Even with my basic knowledge I was able to strip down and service each of them at different times. Overall your brown machine is not what I would say is a standard NT, the silver/ black audio panel fascia, the handle and the tray holding the cord are out of place and I think there has been some rebuilding at some stage. I notice that the builders plate is missing the part which would say what model it is.

Comment

Working...
      X