EIKI RT & NT Mechanical Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIKI RT & NT Mechanical Issues

• It's been weeks that I finally find the time to sit down to enjoy a couple reels tonight. I was watching a reel on my EIKI NT and suddenly the sound starting to fade out and the sound went out. My first thought was to check the fuse for the sound but it was not blown. I then checked the Exciter Lamp which was out so I replaced it with a new one and it lit up just fine but still no sound? Any advise on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

So no problem I then set up my back up EIKI RT and was able to run a film to the end and as I was rewinding the film toward the end it made a loud banging type sound near the take up arm reel and it did rewind all the film. But when I set up the second reel to watch the take up reel would not turn to wind up the film so I thought the belt on the take up arm broke so I removed the outer cover only to find the belt fully intact. I also opened the back of the unit to check the main drive belt and the other belts and all good. So now both my EIKI's are out and any advise on how I can fix one or both would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully it's a quick fix!
    Last edited by Roger Shunk; February 24, 2020, 01:17 PM.

- Not sure about sound issue on NT - could be anything ranging from failed output transistor to dirt buildup on the slit lens. Further investigation needed.
    - There's a one-way clutch mechanism at the rear of the takeup drive shaft. This will engage in forward and disengage in reverse direction. In the worst case I'm afraid that this clutch mechanism was shot.

Comment

Thanks for your information! Richard with RC's Classic called me and gave me some really great advise on how to fix the issues with the two projectors. Richard is very knowledgeable when it comes to the EIKI projectors and I always get my parts from him.

Comment

What advice did Richard offer?

Comment

He said to unplug the power cord and if that did not work go inside the machine and unplug the wire harness from the amp and check the pins to make sure they are not dirty. For the rewind issue he said it sounds like one of the rewind take-up gears inside the machine disengaged or one of them cracked? He said there is also a screw that you can try adjusting. I just may try waving my magic wand over the two projectors with some magic words! I do have a third EIKI projector that I use for parts only if I need any parts. John Whittle from the other film forum gave some great advise too!

Comment

It doesn't seem fair that both your projectors would go down in unison. Sounds like you are in good hands though. John and Richard know these machines well. Although Roger... it would be better if you could just wave your magic wand and our projectors would be instantly repaired! If you saw one of my current posts I too have had a mishap with one of my Elmo 16CLs. John Whittle might have a part for me so I'll see how that goes Thank goodness I have plenty of backup machines.

Hope to hear a positive outcome on your situation.

Comment

Yeah Janice I just received two films I got off ebay and was really anxious to watch them both since I finally had some free time and then suddenly both projectors went down! It's really weird and bizarre that both went down together because I never ever had any trouble with the two until now! I just read your thread about your troubles and hope you can get yours fixed too and find the part you need. I'm sure John will be able to help you out and you can get that part to you soon. I won't be able to look at my projectors until the weekend so I will let you know how that goes and keep us posted on your Elmo and let us know the outcome.

Comment

Working...
              X