Keystone Model E-65 Hand-Cranked Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keystone Model E-65 Hand-Cranked Projector

While going through boxes of old movie stuff I cam across a Keystone Model E-65 Hand-Cranked projector that I had purchased in a thrift shop many years ago. I googled it, and found this:

An antique Keystone Model E-65 hand-cranked movie projector. This uses a standard light bulb. All the mechanisms appear to be working. The original electric cord is showing it age very much and will be to be replaced or made safe. Quite a charming artifact from another era.
    Source here

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	48584Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	48585Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	48586
    Mine was missing the lamp house cover, but it did come with a 50' reel with a B&W Mickey Mouse cartoon that appears to be Steamboat Willie (I assume it was released as a digest of the 1928 cartoon).

Does anyone have more information on this machine they can share? Obviously this was a child's toy and I don't think I am going to need a service manual for it. Any copies of old sales literature, user instruction flyers, etc. would be appreciated.

Ed
    From about 1934/5. the E-65 was priced at $3.65.
    KeystoneE28etc_ad.jpg (491×705) (xs4all.nl)

Comment

Thanks Maurice, that is very interesting. That would be about $74 in 2021. Definitely a child's toy!

Comment

Working...
      X