Can we use this conversion lens on Elmo 16CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we use this conversion lens on Elmo 16CL

I have an Elmo 16CL with a standard 50mm lens. As you may know this lens produce rather small picture for short throw distance.

Can we use this lens (directly hooked to the main lens) for enlarging the picture:

https://van-eck.net/en/product/objec...de_in_japan-_/

It has x0.8 - x1.25 with 49mm rear diameter.

Thanks

The Elmo Zoom Converter lens says "out of stock".

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
      The Elmo Zoom Converter lens says "out of stock".
      I knew it Maurice. I am just using that link for our reference only.

Comment

Hi Winbert,

Yes, I think my conversion lens looks the same as that.
        I think you can use that on your Elmo 50mm lens.

Comment

I have three Zoom Converter/Filmovara lens. One each for my Eiki, Elmo and Bell & Howell projrectors.
          They all screw into the basic lens to give a small plus and minus variation of the basic lens' focal length.

Comment

Can you maybe track down an Elmo 20mm 1.4 lens for the CL possibly Winbert best 16mm lens I ever owned.

Mind you some of the resleeved Buhl`s are pretty good as well.

Best Mark.

Comment

Winbert, the Elmo zoom converter will make the image size bigger, but not by very much. You need to get a nice 1.4 20mm short throw lens as Mark stated above, if you can find one. I paid around $300. for mine.

Comment

Winbert Hutahaean I'm pretty sure you have seen my wide angle lens solution for projecting a larger image with the Elmo 16CL. But if not, It's located in the Technical Solution Topics or use this link:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...leeve#post3443

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
                  Winbert Hutahaean I'm pretty sure you have seen my wide angle lens solution for projecting a larger image with the Elmo 16CL. But if not, It's located in the Technical Solution Topics or use this link:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/fo...leeve#post3443
                  Thanks Janice will check your link.

Comment

These are the two lenses that work the best for me. The lens on the left is a 20 mm and the one on the right is a zoom lens 16.5 - 30mm. The zoom lens will give you the biggest picture size. My projector is set up 12 ft from the wall I am projecting to.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211216_184756720.PORTRAIT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	49512
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Janice, do you know if the lens from the Filmsonic DCM fits in the adaptor,ive just received mine and then realised i dont have a lens that fits it and 8mm B@H projectors seem to be pretty scarce on e-bay in the UK except for the filmsonic range which seems to crop up frequently.Russ

Comment

I don't know the size of the B&H DCM lens. I recommend finding a Bolex 18-5L with either the prime lens or the zoom lens. This is what I use and it fits nicely in the holder.

Comment

Working...
                        X