Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singer Instaload XL Repairs

Greetings to my friends!

I hope the holidays are treating you well and your machines are blazing through many prints this season.

I am writing to ask if anyone might have any informative services pdfs or guides I could use to help repair my Singer Instaload XL 16mm projector?

Last week while I had it on warming up, it made a terrible loud crunching noise before everything turned off. I can hear the engine fan turn on, but nothing else will move. Could it be the worm gear? That was my first thought, but I don't have enough knowledge about these machines to feel confident.

Thanks for any help you could send my way.

Your friendly neighborhood film-guy,

Lincoln
    Last edited by Lincoln Thorn; December 20, 2021, 08:24 AM.

Lincoln
    The fan is on the end of the motor. Therefore the motor appears to be OK.
    On the following site you can get some closeup pictures if you select them
    Singer Instaload XL – Spare Part Finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)
    I suggest you remove the back for investigation. Those two large blue capacitors might have burnt out.

Comment

From what I can tell, the worm gear looks fine! The inside needs a good cleaning and lube.

I found the two capacitors on the left hand side in a silver casing. Click image for larger version

Name:	16740A2D-D2AD-4718-9D55-C811E26A260A.jpeg
Views:	202
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	49806 Click image for larger version

Name:	EABBB23A-524A-4FCF-9A58-E90F4D7B0EFD.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	49805

Comment

As usual, is there any sticky/binding in the mechanics? Try grabbing the motor's fan blade and turn it by hand - it should be fairly smooth and no sticking/grinding feel to it.

Comment

Working...
        X