Bell & Howell 173B projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell 173B projector

I’m new to the game and I have a B&H 173B projector. It wasn’t working at all when I got it so I tore it fully apart, cleaned, polished and greased up all the gears. Dropped 2 drops of sewing machine oil in the oil ports, put it all back together and She’s runs smooth & fast. I put on and old double perf woody woodpecker cartoon and it got all chewed up in the bottom sprocket then snapped off. It seems like the take up reel is has to much torque or something. Is there an adjustment I can make?? Or is it the bottom sprocket?? I noticed the perf is fine until it leaves the bottom sprocket so I don’t know if it’s the bottom sprocket or the take up reel spinning to fast. Any advice would be great because I like this old machine. I have another B&H 16mm projector and the film just glides through. Thank y’all for the add and advice

Jason
    The spool arms are, I believe, gear driven with no spring belts. But I don't know how any toque adjustments can be made. Perhaps a printed repair manual might help you with your problem.
    Bell and Howell 173 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

I can’t find a manual for this machine. Would happen to know where I adjust the spool arm Maurice??

Comment

Jason
        You can get a Repair Manual for the 173 by clicking my above link.
        The cost is £9.95 (GB pounds), plus overseas postage.

Comment

Working...
        X