Paillard Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paillard Identification

I have just purchased this at auction (£12) I have not picked it up yet I know it is a Paillard and I was wondering if anyone recognises the model?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	51345
    Nick Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Smile.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	51346

Nick
    I would suggest it is a 16mm Bolex Model C from 1930, but I am confused by the possible extra set of teeth on the sprocket. Is it possible that it pulls off to reverse it?
    I once knew a Model DA which was dual gauge 9.5mm and 16mm.
    Bolex Collector | Projectors | Model C

Comment

Thanks Maurice,

I was curious, just a bit impatiant to get my hands on my new "Shiney Thing"

I will let you know when I pick it up and read the plate. It is in its origional packing box with manual supposedly.

Nick

Comment

[QUOTE=Maurice Leakey;n51351]Nick
        I would suggest it is a 16mm Bolex Model C from 1930, but I am confused by the possible extra set of teeth on the sprocket. Is it possible that it pulls off to reverse it?
        I once knew a Model DA which was dual gauge 9.5mm and 16mm.

You were close Maurice, it is a model D, it is a dual machine the bit on the sprocket is a lock nut to swap the sprocket. Unfortunately I cannot find the 9.5 one. I have some G series sprockets maybe they will do. Otherwise it looks in mint condition.

(The DA model has a different lamp and cooling.

Name:	Cool.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	51420 Nick

Comment

Nick
          How about the reel spindles for 9.5mm, and the 9.5mm gate?
          I believe the conversion parts were originally supplied in a little box.
          Bolex Collector | Projectors | Model D

Comment

No just the projector - resistance and Wooden box there but at the same time I got a batch of Bolex 18-5 and a few boxes of bits and pieces, they may be in the boxes there is normally interesting stuff in them. I have a few bolex dual kits but mainly for the G series.

I will service and test this at 16 mm first I think get to know the model.

Comment

Nick
              Here is a photo of my DA so as you can see not quite the same. Possibly it’s the earlier D model.

Name:	7AAB45EA-7B0F-43CE-8F5A-261B860C5560.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	51490
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Terry,

I have picked it up now and it is the D

Name:	Happy.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	51498

Comment

Still very nice Nick and a great buy at £12! Hope you find the 9.5 Accesories.

Comment

Terry, would you by anychance have a copy of the manual for the D? I brought one from Camera manuals but like the others I have from them the pictures are all too dark to see the details correctly.

Name:	Cry.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	51706 Nick

Comment

No sorry Nick no manual, but is there anything I can help with?

Comment

Nick
                        This may be of some interest to you. It's from Martyn Stevens' web-site.
                        It's a general discussion on the early Bolex projectors, although the words below only mention the DA.
                        BolexDA (cinerdistan.com)

Comment

Terry, I think I have it covered at the moment, I will rewrite / copy the manual and update the photos I have so its more readable. I will pass you on a copy when its done.

Thanks for the link Maurice.

If anyone comes across a supply of the 9.5 mm sprocket kit if they could let me know I would appreciate it.

Nick

Comment

Nick
                            No need to give me a copy. I sold my DA just recently but thanks for the offer.

Comment

Confirm its a model D, its a great little machine, I modernised it after not being able to find the original rare as hens' teeth lamp anywhere, so rewired it to take a xenophot lamp, and with a new step down transformer disguised in the original transformer cage it runs really well. I know that may be anathema to some, but am pleased with the result.

Comment

Working...
                              X