Siemens 2000 Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siemens 2000 Voltage

I am trying to get my head round what changes are necessary to run a Siemens 2000 projector that is set up for 110V to operate on a 240V supply without using an external transformer, or if this is just not possible.
    Looking at the tables listing the different plug in ceramic framed wire resistors I note that they were originally available to cater for various voltages.
    If a suitable resistor can be found that is rated for a 240V supply, other than changing the projector lamp to suit, are there other modifications to internal components of the projector necessary?
    With the universal amplifier I note that the voltage is switchable inside the back cover and just a change of fuse rating is required. Am I correct here?
    Any guidance welcome. Thanks.

Iain
    I suggest that you buy a manual for the Siemens 2000 which was often sold more as a "made to order".
    Therefore a manual may help you. Note that many are available.
    Siemens 2000 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

Ian,

I have 3 Siemens machines here, 1 x 240v 2 x 110v The 2 x 100v machines are awaiting a refurbishment. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get them on the bench, If you are still needing help then msg me and I can have a look while they are stripped down on the bench. There is a copy of the service manual

https://panchromatic.co.uk/Siemens%2...undle%2001.pdf

This may not be complete but you are welcome to it.

I also have a original User manual but I need to copy it

Any problems let me know.

Nick

Comment

The user manual is also available in the Film-Tech warehouse.

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/m...iemens2000.pdf

Comment

Steve,

I dont know who runs the film tech warehouse but the manual I mentioned is part 2 and part 3 of the complete manual set for the 2000 it contains the actual service manual and the amplifier. They are welcome to add it to thier collection to complete the set.

Oh and thanks completing my set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	52749

Attached Files

Comment

Maurice, Steve and Nick, Thank you for pointing me to the Siemens Manuals. I am still slightly confused but it seems to say that all that is necessary to run at different voltages is to swap over the main plug-in resistor to the appropriate one for the particular lamp you are using. The example given on page 17 is to use the wd 6.28 to run a 500W 100V lamp on a 220V supply. What is not shown on the chart on that page is use of resistor wd 6.50 if the lamp is 500W 220V.
            I would be interested Nick to hear in due course what resistors and lamps your various projectors are fitted with and how they correspond with the chart in the instruction manual.
            Thanks again
            Iain

Comment

I think the reistors you are trying to set are for setting the lamp wattage only. This machine can use various different lamp settings, if I remember correctly. Setting the projectors input voltage would be a different matter (I think) Any change of input voltage would be on an internal tansformer. Be very careful and very sure before about plugging the machine directly into a 240v supply. I wll check all this on the actual machines for you but it wont be for a couple of weeks til I can clear a space.

Comment

Thanks Nick. I will not be carrying out any changes until I am absolutely certain of the outcome so more than happy to wait a few weeks till you have checked your machines.
                Looking at the circuit diagram for the projector the plug in resistor appears to have two windings, one for the lamp and one for the motor.
                Iain

Comment

I will messege you when the time comes and send photos etc as we go on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartman.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	52780

Comment

Re the Siemens 2000 projector. The ceramic resistors you mention are for fitting a lamp with a different wattage from the 500w default in these machines. Nothing to do with selection of a 110v / 240v mains supply to the whole machine.

Siemens sold these resistors as accessories and they are impossible to find now except in donor machines. It would however be possible to wind a new resistor from scratch if you knew the required resistance and had an empty ceramic holder.

HTH
                    Phil

Comment

Working...
                    X