More light output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More light output

This may be a dumb question, but I’m wondering if anybody has rigged up a way for more light output without going up to a xenon projector. Ive got an Eiki slot load that puts out good light but I’d eventually like to upgrade to a xenon machine, I just don’t have that much to spend. Maybe a strong LED? I don’t know. Just curious if anybody has tried anything that works well.

Josh
    One way to increase light output is to install an HID 150 lamp. Xenpow HID-150 Discharge Lamp (stagesuperstore.co.uk)
    However, it needs a special ballast unit to supply it with striking and running power.

It's a very bight lamp, but the drawback is that it cannot be switched on and off like a normal lamp. It must stay on the duration of your show. For this, it also needs some form of dowser to shield off the light from the gate and lens during a reel change.

Not all 16mm projectors offer sufficient space for this conversion and it will cost a lot of money if you can get someone to do it. But, perhaps you could be qualified to do it yourself.

In the circumstances it would be much better to save up for a xenon model Eiki like an EX-2000A. I have one of these and I can thoroughly recommend it.
    Vintage EIKI EX-2000A XENON 16mm Movie Projector for Restoration or parts | #1828703665 (worthpoint.com)

Comment

Working...
    X