Unique alternative to taping film ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique alternative to taping film ends

Maybe this is a Candian thing...but I just received a 16mm film from Canada that had a strip of heavy paper stock that wrapped around the reel and attached with a rubber band. I've only seen tape to secure the film ends....so this was new to me. Has anyone else seen this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rubber-Band-Film-Secure01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	5292
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Rubber-band Film-Secure02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	5293

I LIKE that!

I have kind of a phobia about taping leaders: once a tiny pyramid of that tape got stuck to one of my guides and gouged a really nice print I'd been wanting for years!

Comment

Steve...This is what's nice about a slot load machine. When threading my Elmo 16CL I can totally miss the taped end

Comment

This was the standard for 35mm film up until sometime in the 1980's. I have also seen this used on former 16mm rental prints, but far less common.

Comment

I have some that have a string instead of a rubber band and a "button" that you wrap the string around. Similar concept.

Comment

The ones with string are far superior, the others often are unsatisfactory as the rubber band has perished.

Maurice

Comment

I have some systems like yours, Janice but in 8 mm. I don't tape films, I try to use clips. Unfortunately, they are rather expensive for 16 mm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200305_143312.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	5330

Comment

Working...
              X