son of Ampro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• son of Ampro.

Is the 6BR7 valve on the Ampro Stylist supposed to light up? And if so, any ideas on why it won't! (Apart from changing it, which I have done). I am at a full stop now on repair. Changed all the valves, replaced all the caps, checked the wiring, changed the photocell. About to give up! Oh and any idea on what the green ceramic square type large components on the external case of the amp are please. Capacitors?

Patrick
    The 6BR7 is a first stage valve with a 6.3 volt (AC) heater. See the attached valve details. Pins 4 and 5 are the heater. You could could put a meter with Ohms settings to check the valve.
    6BR7 @ The Valve Museum (r-type.org)

Here is a link to the Service Manual which may be of help. Although I see that your valve is not mentioned. Perhaps your amp has a different valve set-up but I am sure that most details as mentioned may be of assistance.
    http://www.cinerdistan.com/images/16...ice_Manual.pdf

Comment

Thanks Maurice, I noticed after all my efforts that the valve didn't glow , and remained cold. Even with a replacement it was the same. Don't why I didn't notice it before, so I assume that its a circuit problem. Anyway thanks as always for your Kindly advice. much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X