Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
    Jon
    The BAK has its filament at right angles to the length of the lamp. Therefore, it will not work in your Elmo.
    It is designed to operate in a vertical position, such as in a Bell & Howell.
    Fortunately the BAK was only $3. I'm sure one day I'll find a use for it, or gift it to someone who needs it for their projector. Maybe the BRS will work. It's listed on the site I bought from as being for the Elmo 16-CL. Worst case there are some BAK bulbs out there for less than $80 still, but for how long, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Byler View Post
      From Ron Miller at replacement bulbs:
      What I recommend is that for 16mm projection you use a lamp with a faceted reflector. You can use any ELC but the faceted reflector will help hide minor scratches.
      The Sylvania ELC lamps I bought from David at the Blackpool event a few years ago were faceted ones too.

Comment

Just for the point of reference, I measured my projector's Lamp voltages under load. The power transformer is connected for 120V, and the power in from the wall is at about 122VAC.

On normal/low, I measured 22.5VAC. On high 24.5VAC

the unloaded voltage with no bulb is 24.75VAC on normal/low, and 26.9V on high.

If the power in were at 120v, it should be dead on at 24VAC on the high setting.

Comment

Reporting back that BAK and BRS exciter lamps both work. They have horizontal filaments. Compared to the BRK with the vertical filament, they don't have very good high frequency response, however. I managed to buy a couple BRK off of amazon for spares, hopefully what I receive is what was pictured. At some point when one of them burns out, I'll try making an LED replacement. It should be easy enough for a 4V bulb to fashion something that fits in the original bulb base, and is a simple plug in replacement.

Comment

Working...
          X