Elmo 16-AL service manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo 16-AL service manual?

Has anyone got one of these manuals? All i've been able to find is the user manual. I'd like to have a schematic of the electrics and any trouble shooting info before I start in replacing parts. The machine is awaiting rollers from urbanski, and probably needs all of the electrolytic capacitors changed out as a precautionary measure. All this can be done without a manual, but the manual is always nice to have.

I have a service manual with schematics. PM me.
    Tom

Comment

Still looking for the 16-AL service manual!

Comment

Did you manage to find the manual? I'm looking for one myself.
        Trying to figure out which would be the ideal oil for the oil bath system in the Elmo 16-A.
        If you managed to find the manual that would be great help.

Comment

You can get the Elmo 16-AL service manual at Van-Eck Video Services. Edwin van Eck is the owner and a member of this forum.

https://van-eck.net/en/product/elmo_...ages-_english/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Braverman View Post
            Did you manage to find the manual? I'm looking for one myself.
            Trying to figure out which would be the ideal oil for the oil bath system in the Elmo 16-A.
            If you managed to find the manual that would be great help.
            Does your 16-A look a bit like this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_223911.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	96849

Although this one is actually model 16-S not 16-A, but I believe they're mechanically more similar than to 16-AL. Later Elmo projector (both 16-AL & 16-CL) did use total sealed cam unit lubed with grease, not circulated oil bath like this one.

If my memory is correct I used some low-number automotive oil (5w-20 or so) for my 16-S, seems to work just fine. Unfortunately I had another issue with its speed control system that I was unable to figure out. In the end I gave up and sold it away.

Comment

Go to Richard Patchett's web site under Manuels. He has a lot of manuels, original for sale. I just got one for my projectors and good prices. He ships super fast. Hope this helps. Ken

RC's Classic Collections
              Parts & Service.
              www.rcsclassic16mm.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help with the manual search. You've been great help!

Comment

Originally posted by Nantawat Kittiwarakul View Post

Does your 16-A look a bit like this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180721_223911.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	96849

Although this one is actually model 16-S not 16-A, but I believe they're mechanically more similar than to 16-AL. Later Elmo projector (both 16-AL & 16-CL) did use total sealed cam unit lubed with grease, not circulated oil bath like this one.

If my memory is correct I used some low-number automotive oil (5w-20 or so) for my 16-S, seems to work just fine. Unfortunately I had another issue with its speed control system that I was unable to figure out. In the end I gave up and sold it away.

Thanks so much for the info. I've seen conflicting information online, some say that light sewing machine oil is correct, and some say low-number automotive oil is.
                  I'm a complete newbie in this field, but from what I understand (and after consulting experts like Mr. Larry Urbanski), light sewing machine oil is used for much more minimal mechanical movements and parts than this projector. That's why seemingly it would make more sense to use thicker and more lubricating oil like the one you suggested. So I'm leaning towards that.
                  I will probably triple check with the manual after a purchase it.

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

I've used this All-purpose turbo oil for years on my projectors. It has a great applicator spout to get into tight places.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240229_173627284.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.7 KB ID:	97038

Last edited by Janice Glesser; February 29, 2024, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X