parts for CIR/Catozzo 16mm splicers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts for CIR/Catozzo 16mm splicers

Looking for knife/pressure plate for my splicer, Wittner seems to be the only option, but the cost is insane. Is there some other place that sells parts for these splicers?

Jon
    I suggest you contact the makers in Italy. They might be able to help you. They do speak English.
    CONTACT – CIR SRL (cir-srl.com)

Comment

Thanks,

I will try them.

Comment

I purchased the CIR cutting blade a few years ago I think from Jacro Cinema Supplies. They are UK based so probably cheaper than importing from Italy.
        https://jacro.com/cinema-splicing-tape/

Comment

Jon is in Alabama, USA.
          I believe that Jacro in Ross-on-Wye only now deal with 35mm accessories. Their main sales seem to be items for cinema use.

Comment

Jon
            They are also based in Nashville, Tennessee and I would guess that they have a more diverse stock than the UK depot. Although a good few years ago, I was able to purchase a blade from the UK site so definitely worth a try and not a million miles away from you.

Comment

Thanks, I will check with Jacro. I managed to fix the knife I've got. Someone had beveled the inner edge of one of the blades, and I carefully ground it down until the inner bevel was removed, then put a new sharp edge on with a diamond stone. It seems these are made of relatively soft stainless steel, so conceivably a person could make their own without too much trouble, if they had a way to cut the shape without terribly distorting the material. It appears that I'm not in need of the pressure plate, mine must have an older design, and with the knife repaired, seems to work very well.

I may yet need to adjust the punch, or possibly sharpen it a little bit, since there is occasionally some little bit of tape hanging on one side. I discovered that a square sectioned wooden toothpick can be helpful with removing these, along with a razor knife.

Comment

Working...
              X