Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampro Woes

Hi,
    Well I am losing the plot on these Ampro's! Regarding my last posts, still not successful on getting the Stylist amp to work properly, still no gain. I have noticed however (why didn't I see this before) that the 6BR7 valve has never lit, nor warmed up. I have replaced this with my spare 6BR7 stock, but no joy. I cannot see any obvious fault on the connections to the base.? Any advice please.

Further, on to my Premier 20, it runs fine, but amp dead. The fuse has blown twice, so something else wrong? I have ordered a new rectifier valve, but otherwise am flummoxed. Once again all wiring on the live circuit from fuse holder to transformer looks okay. I have not checked the transformer electrically, sight only. Any advice here please. As always very grateful for your expertise.

When I bought my Ampro Stylist New Educational some years ago there was no sound. This was traced to a faulty socket for valve V3, this is the double triode. The socket was replaced and it's still going strong.
    Ampro Stylist Manual (paulivester.com)
    I've never had the earlier Premier 20 so I am afraid that I cannot help here.

Comment

Thanks Maurice, I will investigate!

Comment

Working...
      X