Rare Bargain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bargain

Does anyone fancy this as pride of place in their collection?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELF-16MM-...QAAOSw8PNeXUMb
    perhaps they ought to be offering £65 for someone to take it away

looks like it was stored somewhere very damp.

Comment

65 UK Pounds for THAT ??? What are they smoking I wonder?

I recently had a clean out of my shed and tossed 4 of that model into the scrap metal bin at the local rubbish tip. All were in MUCH better condition than that one !!

Being Paid 65 to take it away and dump it sounds like a better deal.

Comment

I reckon they found it at the tip and bought it home thinking it's antique.

Comment

The sellers father must have been very interested in cine. He has been listing countess films and projectors for possibly the past year, and continues to do so. The seller has no idea what he is selling. All his descriptions for every item consist of " Hi, found at my Dads, cheers". I actually live in the same city but have not bought anything off him.

Comment

He's been offloading "his Dad's collection" for a few years now. When he started, I bought a couple of his films - one was OK and the second was incomplete so I claimed a refund via fleabay. He said "I thought some of them might be no good". That well-known phrase "caveat emptor" came to mind.

Comment

I bought 6 bell and Howell TQ3 off him all just needed a good clean and service 4 needed worm gears but he gave me a good price just had to get them picked up.

Comment

Bought a non-working Eiki NT-2 last year for a little over 100$ - shipping included. Turns out to be a broken micro switch for motor power. Apart from missing rewind belt and general wear&tear it now works just OK.

I thought it wasn't a good deal at first, but when compared to this offer...

Comment

Working...
                X