Fomapan R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fomapan R

Does anyone have experience with using 16mm Fomapan R B&W reversal film and any recommendations for where to get it processed here in the UK.
    Thanks
    Iain

Iain
    Cinelab in Slough might be able to help.
    UK Film Laboratory & Film Processing Services | Cinelab Film & Digital

Comment

Thanks Maurice. With Fomapan R only about half the cost of Tri-X, I am hoping someone may be able to give some feedback as to the results obtained when filming with it.

Comment

Fomapan is something of a double-edged sword as they say. Properly exposed and developed, it looks terrific. Here is the USA, Cinelab and Yale develop it well. However, one often has to wait for some time for the lab to get enough rolls to warrant a run to get your film back. I have not shot 16mm Fomapan, but have shot DS-8mm and Double 8mm (R-8mm) a fair amount. All Double 8mm Fomapan I have shot, including some this past year, do not run through my cameras except for a Bolex H-8 I have. Constant jamming.
        If you can find a lab that knows how to develop it correctly, then I'd recommend giving it a try. The results can be pretty impressive.

Comment

Thanks David. Will probably stick with Tri-X when I only need to use a single roll.

Comment

16mm Fomopan Reversal B&W Film is still being sold by B&H NY.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._w_single.html

Comment

Originally posted by David M. Leugers View Post
              Fomapan is something of a double-edged sword as they say. Properly exposed and developed, it looks terrific. Here is the USA, Cinelab and Yale develop it well. However, one often has to wait for some time for the lab to get enough rolls to warrant a run to get your film back. I have not shot 16mm Fomapan, but have shot DS-8mm and Double 8mm (R-8mm) a fair amount. All Double 8mm Fomapan I have shot, including some this past year, do not run through my cameras except for a Bolex H-8 I have. Constant jamming.
              If you can find a lab that knows how to develop it correctly, then I'd recommend giving it a try. The results can be pretty impressive.
              I completely agree. The process makes all the difference for that filmstock.

Comment

Working...
              X