Elf 16mm Motor capacitor wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elf 16mm Motor capacitor wanted

Hello all. Is there any member (probably UK based) that can sell me a motor capacitor for an Elf 16mm projector (NT1) Or can you advise what the modern day equivalent is/. Thank you in a advance for your help.
    Attached Files

Hi Mark,

Can you shoot a picture that shows the markings on the capacitor? With a little luck it's a common value and something that can be easily found.

Comment

Phil Sheard at Classic Home Cinema once stated that he had bought a lot of Elf/Eiki spares. Perhaps he can help.
      In addition of getting the correct values it seems quite a small size capacitor which fits into a limited space.

Classic Home Cinema, Cine Film Projectors, Cleethorpes

Comment

If your Elf uses the same motor as my Eiki NT-2 (more than likely)...

Therefore this is what I've found on my NT-2

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220617_113619.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	61760
        (I ended up removing the whole motor out to get the clearest shot of this capacitor.)

If the exact replacement isn't available, anything around the same value (and 250v rating at least) should be enough to get it going.

Comment

Thanks to Natawat. The capacitor shows as = 2.3uf 500WV.AC.

Here is one in the UK which looks very similar in size. It is = 2uf 5% 460VAC.
          B33331V7205J080 EPCOS - TDK Electronics | Capacitors | DigiKey

Would this be a satisfactory replacement?

Comment

If the difference in capacitance turned out to be a problem, you could trim it upwards by adding a smaller capacitors across its terminals until the total is 2.3uF.

-As long as their voltage rating is up to the job it should work fine.

Comment

Working...
            X