Elf President up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elf President up and running

Bought this on eBay last winter for £10 plus shipping .The listing stated no sound, apart from that in mint condition. It has 1000watt mains lamp, transistor amp and 3 sprocket film transport, this what prompted me to have a punt. This ensures a steady transport around the sound head. Steve Rowley (01948665091)who lives close to me is a retired cine engineer quickly sorted out the problem . I have to say it runs so quietly with booming sound ( now)and puts a very steady picture on the screen. I wondered whether any members have ever owned one. I would certainly recommend this model.
    A big thanks to Steve who worked his magic yet again!
    John

John
    sounds like you got a real bargain, but don’t you mean three claw transport rather than 3 sprocket? Can you give us a picture/ photo?

Comment

Comment

Hi Terry, see pics , it’s got one after the sound head, I think this is the same as the larger pedestal models. The film is isolated from the gate and makes a smooth pass round the fly wheel. I absolutely love using it.
        John

Comment

Just realised, this should be in the 16mm section, it’s an age thing .

Comment

That looks a lovely beast. Never seen that model before. Well done 👍

Comment

That projector John looks like a real beauty. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
              X