Elmo 16mm CL projector loop restorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry

I suggest you alter your heading. It's misleading.

Maurice

Comment

On a lighter note I tried you lens trick with a old super 8 lens works a treat just waiting for my printer to print the lens adapter and all should be good.

Comment

Hello Maurice I have tried to edit it but can only seem to edit the post and can't seem to edit the title.
        Barry

Comment

Barry Webb Unfortunately there is a time limit on editing post. Many easy corrections could be made if this was not the case. I think this will cause a search problem in the future. Even though this thread did not result in a solution to your problem...the troubleshooting technique could very well help someone else with their Elmo 16CL ... but because the heading says SL the thread may or may not show up in a search. You might want to contact the moderator Douglas Meltzer to see if he could change it for you.

Glad the 8mm lens worked out. Cool that you have your own 3D printer!

Comment

Just saw the video, I think I saw a clue...

That loop sensing metal rod (is that a name?) seems to work properly. It does move up&down no problem. The loop former roller seems to work just fine otherwise it won't form the lower loop at all.

What that struggles seem to be the top white roller in the first video.

When the loop is lost, the metal rod should lift up then activate that roller to do its job - pushing down the loop former to restore the loop. From the video that roller seems to freeze - doesn't move any.

I suggest to have a closer look at that. It could be anything - sticky shaft/misaligned parts/etc. Only the close inspection would reveal that.

Comment

Indeed you are correct what's happened is basically wear on the white plastic loop restorer the fingers are made of steel and the white plastic restorer has slight wear when the loop restorer is activated it slips over the top instead of pushing it forward ..
              To solve this problem I removed the white plastic activator and used a dremmal like tool to put a new edge on it to stop the fingers from slipping over.
              After putting it all back to getter I can report s complete success I tested it with my test film that's got loads of slices and wear and it ran straight though auto looping as needed.
              Now at last I can sit back and use it I must say it very quiet and runs smoothly and with the made up lens we are sorted.
              Thank you everyone for you help maybe someday I can help some of you.

Comment

Fantastic news Barry!!! I'm sure with you skills you will be able to help us out with repair issues in the future. Great having you on the forum!

Comment

You nailed that in one shot. Brilliant! Congrats on your success.

With all issues solved this 16-CL will be a little decent workhorse for years to come. I'm pretty sure about that.

Comment

Working...
                  X