Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of selling my 16mm and super 8 collection, films, projectors et al.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling my 16mm and super 8 collection, films, projectors et al.

Im at a point in life where I am downsizing and wanting to ride off into the sunset on my Triumph. I have been collecting super 8 and 16mm for quite some years so have a large collection. Im asking if there are dealers/individuals who may be in a financial position to buy the collection. (I dont want to spend time selling individual items) The collection is quite big , comprising, in the main, super 8 projectors including 7 elmo gs1200s, 3 Beaulieu 708, Sankyo 800 stereo, Bauer T610 Stereo, plus Heurtier, Eumig, & Bell and Howell super 8 projectors. 16mm wise I have some 10 Elf NT1, plus elf xenon 400 and pedestal 6200 xenon. Films on 16 include Bond titles, Supergirl, Battle of Britain and more so (around 200 titles, I think, condition varies from good ins scope to red) Super 8 wise, from 400fts to features, and 2x 400, 3x400 in between. Some feature titles include Poltergeist, The Dam busters, Night to Remember, Close Encounters (full length but in Italian language) Plus loads of accessories, including scope lenses, reels, super 8 high end cameras and more (30 years worth of collecting) I know I should have a list but this will take some time, at present if any one is interested in buying the complete collection (I wont be separating the collection) then they are welcome to view in Bristol. I believe there is easily in excess of £30k (individually priced), so would be looking at realistic offers. I welcome your comments. Thank you all.

Mark, you certainly have some interesting items for sale but I wonder how many collectors have spare money around the sum you're thinking of. I think you'd say goodbye to your stuff if you actually took time to itemise. Time consuming but far more likely to shift what you have. The only dealer I can think of that might be interested is Phil Sheard at Classic Home Cinema, but I doubt he would want to stretch to what you'd be happy with. I too am reaching the golden age so I won't be too far behind you. Best wishes.

Comment

Hi Mark. I have sent you a pvt msg as my company ICSuper8 also buy UK film collections. Rest Regards. John

Comment

Well, there's a turn up for the book. Sorry John but I'd never heard of your company, but then I run 16mm for my shows so wouldn't really be looking for Super 8 dealers. Hope things turn out well for you both

Comment

Hi Dave. Yes all going very well thanks. Weve been going for just over 3 years now, starting mainly with Super 8/Std 8mm but in the last year also doing alot of 16mm too. Just gone past 10,000 reels sold to 30+ countries in the 3 years. All selling via Ebay You can Google us if your interested in any more info

Comment

I have had many dealings with John over the years and have always been pleased with my purchases. He is a dealer whom I can recommend.
            Vintage Cine Film Seller | UK | ICSuper8

Comment

Working...
            X